1. You have a We Love Real Beer pint mug in your cupboard.
2. You remember when KZN had more breweries than any other province. (Note: this was my first ever published piece on the SA beer scene, printed in June 2009, but written and submitted in early 2008)
3. You once bought homebrewing supplies from A. White chemist.
4. You can remember when the only ‘local’ craft beer available on restaurant menus was &Union’s Steph Weiss.
5. You went to a SouthYeasters meeting at Boston Breweries or ever bought homebrew supplies at Access Park.
6. You remember when the Mitchell’s Waterfront Brewery was actually a brewery.
7. You had a pint of Farmer’s Draught in Hattingspruit.
8. You remember when Steve Gilroy’s beard was brown (Note: I am just guessing here – perhaps the old git has always looked like Santa….)
9. Your first CTFoB was pretty much a Black Label fest, with virtually every craft beer available represented at one or two stands.
10. You remember when a bottle of Jack Black was as rare as hen’s teeth.
Got any more to add to the list? Please share your memories below!