It’s a big week for those who need an excuse to drink beer – IPA Day on Thursday and International Beer Day on Friday (check the calendar for event info). This means special events, one-off brews and general beery festivities. So what better time to unleash this list of massive beer geekery. Let me know if any of the following apply to you…
1.You sniff your water before you drink it.
2. Your phone’s autocorrect is so used to beer speak that it changes “treat” to “yeast”, “very” to “beer” and will always sign off “hops to see you soon”.
3. You have a cupboard full of beer but nothing to drink since it’s all being aged to perfection.
4. You not only have the BJCP app on your phone but it’s on the home screen right between What’s App and Google.
5. You call Werther’s Original “diacetyl candy”.
6. You turn up to a Michael Jackson tribute evening and are disappointed to find some bloke wearing one glove rather than a bunch of bearded men sipping and discussing Belgian ales.
7. You read the word ‘finale’ and assume it to be some French-inspired top-fermented beer as opposed to the last episode in the latest season of Top Chef.
8. You’re horrified when friends offer to do your washing up in case they don’t understand that your Spiegelau glasses need to be ‘beer’ clean’.
9. You feel an excitement on the first Wednesday of August that you probably last felt as a six-year-old on December 24th.
10. You’re still reading this list and can’t wait to share your beer nerdery escapades in the comments section.